California Observer

Tiger Woods Turned Down Offer to Join LIV Golf Series

Tiger Woods $800m

Image Source: CNN

Greg Norman, the tour’s chief executive officer, claims that Tiger Woods declined a $700–$800 million offer. In order to play in the LIV Golf Series, which is sponsored by Saudi Arabia.

During a Fox News interview on Monday, former No. 1 Norman was asked if it was true that Woods received a $700-$800 million offer. The offer was to play in the LIV Golf Series by Tucker Carlson.

Woods Refuses to Accept Money to Join Golf Series

Woods was offered a sizable quantity of money to participate, but he declined, according to information provided by Norman to the Washington Post in June. The Woods proposal, according to Norman, is “mind-blowingly big; we’re talking about high nine figures.”

Some well-known golfers have left the PGA Tour and the DP World Tour to play on the contentious tour. This was in order to compete for enormous sums of money.

Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Brooks Koepka, Sergio Garcia, Louis Oosthuizen, Graeme McDowell, Charl Schwartzel, and Martin Kaymer. These are among the major champions who have joined the breakaway initiative. It has offered players significant sums of money to join.

The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), a sovereign wealth fund, is supporting the LIV Golf series and has promised to provide $250 million in total prize money.

The fact that players have abandoned golf’s conventional setup and accepted money from a nation with a horrible human rights record has, however, led to condemnation from numerous players, including Rory McIlroy and Woods.

Woods declared that he disapproved of the players who had left before the July Open at St. Andrews, Scotland.

The 15-time major champion claimed that the group had “done what they’ve done: they’ve turned their backs on what has allowed them to get to this position.”

Read Also: Graeme McDowell a Target of Vile Death Threats

Tiger Woods didn’t hold back his criticism

Some of these players, in Woods’ opinion, might never get the opportunity to compete in major championships. It is up to all the main championship organizations to decide, even though it is merely a hunch. He continued by stating that there is a potential that some players will never have the opportunity to participate in a major event or to experience this exact moment while walking down the fairways at Augusta National.

Woods even went so far as to fault Norman for his participation in the splinter tour. “We’re going back to arguably the most historic and traditional place in our game,” said Greg, “because I don’t think some of the things he’s done are best for our game.”

Henrik Stenson triumphed on Sunday in the third competition of LIV Golf’s inaugural season in Bedminster, New Jersey.

The 46-year-old Swede scored 11-under par at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster to win $4 million. It was nearly two weeks after he was demoted from Ryder Cup captain for signing up for the series.

Alongside him at the trophy presentation was former US President Donald Trump. He owns the course and was present for the whole three-day competition.

Opinions expressed by California Observer contributors are their own.

LATEST POSTS

Texas

Texas hit with deadly ice storm

Image Source: CNN From Tennessee to Texas, nearly 40 million people in the south-central US are on a winter weather alert. Parts of the region

radioactive capsule

Radioactive capsule found in Australia

Image Source: News7 Authorities in Western Australia announced they have found the small radioactive capsule that went missing last month. They said that the emergency

Rio Tinto

Rio Tinto apologizes for loss of capsule

Image Source: Barrons Rio Tinto, a big mining company, has apologized for losing a small radioactive capsule while moving it across Western Australia. An emergency

Opinions expressed by California Observer contributors are their own.